With more people seeing the value of adding a patio, porch or deck to their property, more architects are including them in their plans straight off the bat.
But all too often we limit ourselves, creatively speaking, by forgetting about patio covers and everything they have to offer. Patio covers are in such high demand at the moment that companies such as City Seamless Patio Covers exist purely to meet this demand.
On top of being pretty to look at, they’re also practical, which is always a winner in the eyes of architects and homeowners.
Let’s talk about how patio covers can effortlessly transform your outdoor space.
The Trusty Patio Cover
A patio cover is a cover used to turn a regular patio into an outdoor space that is protected from the elements. Depending on the type you opt for, the patio covers can be attached to the home as a permanent fixture or detached and mounted in concrete as a standalone structure in the backyard.
The most common types of patio covers include:
- Lattice covers or Pergolas
- Combination patio covers
- Insulated patio covers
- Solid patio covers
- Free standing patio covers
There are plenty of places to purchase each of these styles to match your outdoor decor themes and layouts.
Why are Patio Covers in Such High Demand?
Patio covers are popular for a reason. Many homeowners that we’ve spoken to have either bought their current property because it has a covered patio area or because there is space available to include one. But why?
Here are some of the reasons why adding a covered patio will increase property value:
- Little maintenance: Once they’re installed, a patio cover requires little to no maintenance.
- Additional entertainment space: Covered patios are often used as entertainment spots for families and friends to enjoy, no matter the weather.
- Protection: A covered patio will not only protect outdoor furniture from the potential damage caused by rain or direct exposure to sunlight, but it will also allow the homeowner to enjoy relaxing in their garden without worrying about being exposed to the sun’s harmful rays.
Or, it can be transformed by doing something that will cost you little in time, effort and money but have a huge payout in terms of longevity, durability and return on investment.
In our opinion, a patio is a timeless property enhancer and the addition of a patio cover can turn something so simple into a really special part of your house that will last for years to come.
Architects are blessed with the ability to turn a rough idea, sketched out on a piece of scrap paper, into someone’s dream home—why shouldn’t we do the same for someone’s backyard?