The correct interior is one of the essential things to feel comfortable when at home. Your home reflects your personality, but it is usually tough enough to express yourself without an accurate idea of what you want to see.
You can use many ongoing trends to get inspiration, from traditional to modern elements, to bring uniqueness to your space.
Below, we elaborate on five key components present in trendy house designs that you can integrate into your own space to create a stunning personal home interior that reflects your personality and brings a wow effect to the world.
Make a bold color statement
Stunning house designs are more often defined by the color solutions incorporated. Different shades and color schemes can profoundly influence the mood of your interior.
For example, include bolder colors and let your rooms shine if you want to add a grand feeling to your space. On the other hand, deep and chalky blue shades are terrific for walls and curtains, while gold accents can show the proper depth of color and equip your room with a French-aristocratic feeling.
If you favor keeping things a little muted, try adding some boldness by going with neutral walls and a pop of color on architraves, skirting, coving, or using neutral shades to paint the interior of your front doors.
Replace your windows or exterior doors
Installing new windows or exterior doors will make your interior fresh, boost energy efficiency and significantly raise the value of your house. All in all, such house renovation is considered one of the best things to do for your home and ensures a high investment return.
Experts from Ecoline Windows and Doors say that homeowners prefer to consider both window and door replacement in a single project to make both units of the same style and match the existing house design.
- If you are a big fan of traditional designs, going with classic casement or hung windows coupled with a steel front door would make a great addition to your current space.
- For homeowners who strive to bring a modern feel to their houses, it is recommended to choose sliding or bay windows coupled with a glass entry door.
You are welcome to customize your new units as you like, choosing configuration, glazing type, hardware, color on exterior and interior, and other features to install windows or doors that perfectly match your house design.
Make sure you have a statement centerpiece
Any space should have something that pulls it all together – an attractive centerpiece that gathers attention and emphasizes the integrity of your overall design.
- Something as simple as a coffee table, which is well-decorated with contemporary literature and ornaments, can be just the very thing for smaller living spaces.
- For bigger spaces, some unusual artworks can also play a considerable part in grasping guests’ attention. Creative things always serve perfectly as a statement centerpiece to amplify the inherent value of a room.
Provide as much as possible natural lighting
Natural light is vital to keep your space bright and highlight other interior details. New windows can serve just perfectly to ensure your rooms are well-illuminated. Still, if you prefer having ultimate control over your natural lighting and privacy, consider installing the best blinds or shutters. These units help you to increase or decrease the amount of lighting coming into your space and help you better control your room’s privacy. Besides ensuring that your home is filled with as much natural light as possible, consider brightening up any dark corners. Your light fittings will significantly help to enrich your house design.
- For example, stylish chandeliers accentuate the height of the ceiling in taller halls and living areas, directing attention upwards while filling the room with bright light.
- Antique chandeliers are also artworks (remember, the centerpiece part?), while ambient lighting strips for your sideboards and under-shelving can add the desired accents.
Equip your space with the right furniture & furnishings
Your room’s furnishings surely grab the most attention when you enter any room within your house. While color schemes, lighting, and trendy accents provide a proper mood and atmosphere, it is the things you use to fill a space that gives your guests an authentic reflection of your personality.
So choosing the best items that correspond with your mood, feelings, and ambitions are something to pay close attention to when creating your unique house design.
Bauhaus furniture is distinctive for spaces utilizing light and space, while for more ornate aristocratic areas, large, plush 19th-century sofas are a must. If you are after more simple but modern designs, strive to get casual but comfortable items and utilize a minimalistic approach to furnishing your space.